Getting straight marriage after dissolving civil partnerhsip

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

click

Getting straight marriage after dissolving civil partnerhsip

Post by click » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi - I'm back on this forum again now seeking some advice. I had civil partnerhship in London and then later my partner and I dissolved it about 3 years ago. Also I got my british nationality through civil partnership in 2013. Now I'm about to get straight marriage in a month time from back home. It is partially due to family pressure and also I want to get marry as well as I always wanted to have family/children. So I will have to sponsor my new wife after marriage to come and live with me in the Netherlands. (I'm living in Netherlands for last 5 months. I've british nationality). But I'm getting very worried now as they may reject her visa because I had civil partnership before in UK. what are your thoughts please? Any ideas please? Thanks