Visa needed to travel with residence card.

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Post Reply
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:45 am

Visa needed to travel with residence card.

Post by gm789 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi everyone,

My partner is non EEA and has recently been granted the German residence card as my partner/civil partner. I am a British national passport holder and registered as self employed in Germany.

I have read that my civil partner does not need to apply for a visa (EEA family permit) when we plan to travel to the UK next month.

Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests