Filling out the EEAFM

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

patgir

Filling out the EEAFM

Post by patgir » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello I am currenrently filling the form up for the husbands visa (he is from out of the EU) im EU

I went to the last meeting or the one prior to that, but i forgot what option I should put for me

Becuase I am a student, but i have a family (parents) insurance, and i dont really work because i get money every week but i do freelance work at time to time, she told me i belive it was to put as indipendant but I was not sure. Im hoping someone can help me out ASAP

enic

Re: Filling out the EEAFM

Post by enic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi patgir,

I wasn't at the meeting, but from your description I'd suggest taking the "self-sufficient" route.

This way, you only need to prove you have enough money in your account (usually above £16k should be ok) OR that you are getting enough monthly income from other sources (at least the minimum wage). Also, make sure you have a comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), i.e., your health insurance covers "most cases" - a vague term indeed, but no one really knows what it means, so you decide :mrgreen:

Good luck with your application!
patgir wrote:Hello I am currenrently filling the form up for the husbands visa (he is from out of the EU) im EU

I went to the last meeting or the one prior to that, but i forgot what option I should put for me

Becuase I am a student, but i have a family (parents) insurance, and i dont really work because i get money every week but i do freelance work at time to time, she told me i belive it was to put as indipendant but I was not sure. Im hoping someone can help me out ASAP
Directive 2004/38/EC: My Bible and guide when navigating the Seven Seas of European immigration policies.