Where can we request a EEU family permit?

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Where can we request a EEU family permit?

Post by ramon » Wed May 18, 2016 11:19 pm

I am an Italian citizen settled in the UK for the last two years with a full time job. I am planning to get married with my Brazilian boyfriend in the Brazilian consulate in Rome in 2 months. We are together for almost 3 years now.
Once got married, our plan is for my partner to apply for an EEA family permit in order for him to join me into the UK as the family member of an EEA national.

His country of usual residence is Brazil at the moment. By considering that we can have a marriage certificate ready in the same day, can he apply online for his EEA family permit from Italy during the 3-months of free VISA time allowed or he needs to go back to Brazil and do it from there? He had already lived in Italy for 3 years in the past and he could stay there by waiting the permit sorted before joining me in the UK.

On entering the UK with his EEA family permit, my partner would apply for his EEA residence card.

Many thanks

Senior Member
Posts: 3276
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:08 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: Where can we request a EEU family permit?

Post by martyn » Mon May 23, 2016 1:58 am

You can apply for an EEAFP at any British diplomatic post. It doesn't have to be in your normal country of residence.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests