Help me with my query please

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Help me with my query please

Post by yourhelp » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Hello all
I am new to this and been reading a lot of the posts on here so I can get information about my naturization process but I'm so confused about it so thought to ask you lot for your expertise
Thank you in advance for your help
My case is in detail below

I came to the UK in May 2008 on a student visa and stayed on student visa till April 2013

Done my civil partnership in February 2013 and while I was on student visa

On my partners will I applied to get the residence permit of 5 years as my partner is an European national
I got my family member of European national permit in mid April 2013 till 2018

It's been more than 3 years we are in civil partnership relationship

Year and half ago my partner got his British passport now he is a dual nationality holder British/ Hungarian

Since my partner is British national he wants me to get British nationality too as it makes things a lot easier while living in the uk

He has been reading a lot about it and believes that I am eligible to apply for the naturization process even though I don't have indefinite leave to remain in th uk
Since he is British, he strongly believes I don't need to wait to get indefinite leave to remain in the uk because he is British I could apply after three years of the civil partnership

I have been living in the uk since 2008 and its been 8 years already

What my concern is that if I am really eligible to apply for the naturization process ?
When we applied for EEA permit my partner had Hungarian passport and I had my Turkish passport
He got his British passport in January 2015
Could any one help me with their expertise please
I can not afford to get a solicitors fee as maturizatiin fees has gone up from £900 to £1350 something

Second thing which really confuses me is that English language certificate
I did IELTS from turkey back in 2007 with 6.0 required band
B2 pearsons in 2012 With home office required score as my student visa needed to renew in 2012 everything went alright and got student visa extended from 2012 till late 2013 but in the start of the 2013 I got into civil partnership

The query on that is can I still use pearsons b2 English language certificate this time
When applying the naturization process
Please note the English language certificate expired in 2014 and as per website

"If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.
Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.
It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:
* it’s on the current list of recognised tests
* it was accepted for another UK immigration application, eg when you got permission to enter"

From the above text it clearly says that I could re use the same certificate again
Apart from that everything seems alright
I have a very good job and have all documents and referees

Could any one please please help me on that
Please help

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests