EEA2 RC timeline query and passport issue

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

lans

EEA2 RC timeline query and passport issue

Post by lans » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:21 am

hi,

i am applying the EEA2 family member permit and RC. my husband (French) is working in London, i am from China. i still have some questions about the process. could anyone help to share the experience? many thanks!!!!

1, EEA2 family member permit and RC are different stuff? one is on passport and one is a card? if so, will they be issued together or one before another? i just submitted the EEA2 form, with supporting document, are these enough for both EEA2 family member permit and RC ?

2, My application arrived home office on 10 Sep, they charged my credit card on 11 Sep. should they send me a ref no. or sth after charging me? is anyone has a clue that when i can get my COA? is there any number i can call or any email address that i can send email to?

3, I am currently staying in UK holding a general visitor visa for 6 months. will it affect my application? if i still can't get my RC in 6 months, then i need to ask my passport back leaving UK. will that delay my RC issue?

sorry if the questions are stupid or already been answered. just want to know the recent condition for other applicatants.

thanks!

Lan