EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Guinn
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:12 am

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by Guinn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Incredibly and amazingly quick!

My timescale:

1. EEA2 application submitted on 14 January 2013
2. CoA received on 14 February 2013
3. Passport with Residence Card received 20 March 2013

Did this on my own and still cannot believe how soon I was able to get this all worked out.
Very happy with the process.

Good luck to you all, :)

elenzo
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by elenzo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 am

hi everyone nice to join this forum after ukba has turn my life into a living hell

made eea2 application 3rd august 2012
coa received 21st october 2012
RC .......... STILL NOT COMPLETED
today march 22-03-2013..

i have not received my passport and that of my wife. my wife is European and i am a non eea member. i made an application when my tier 4 visa was still valid. its been 8months since i made the application. i have made numerous phone calls to the ukba Liverpool but still on the process. written 3 letters to the ukba but no response even when i use a special delivery. at this stage i am confused my wife is a self employed and has met the requirement of the ukba. WHAT CAN I DO ???????????????

enic
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by enic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:43 am

Hi everyone!

Our UKBA nightmare is finally over, we've received the RC yesterday. Here's out timeline:

EEA2 and EEA1 sent: 08/10/12
HO received: 09/10/12
COA dated: 16/10/12
RC received: 04/04/13 (dated: 19/02/13)

It arrived 5 days short of full 6 months since our application, which I anticipated after seeing other 2012 application timelines.
And, as in many similar cases, the RC was actually issued 6 weeks ago and was gathering dust on UKBA shelves until
they finally "remembered" our 6 months are due and sent us our docs back.
Perhaps if we had requested our passports back in February, we would have received our RC sooner. This seems to be the
case with many other stories I've heard - request your passport after 4-5 months and in 4 out of 5 cases it arrives with RC.

The strange thing is that most 2013 applicants get their RCs much quicker, some within 2-3 months, meaning that many
January and even February applicants got their RCs before we did. This is great news to all new 2013 applicants but not so great
for 2012 ones who are still waiting. It appears UKBA is working with it's back-log backwards, dealing with most recent applications first.
If respecting the queue is the trademark characteristic of Britain, it seems UKBA doesn't really care that much about traditions...

Thank you so much to this forum, it's mods and everyone who helped with advice, we wouldn't have been able to go through this process
by ourselves without your help! :)
Directive 2004/38/EC: My Bible and guide when navigating the Seven Seas of European immigration policies.

enic
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by enic » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 am

elenzo wrote:hi everyone nice to join this forum after ukba has turn my life into a living hell

made eea2 application 3rd august 2012
coa received 21st october 2012
RC .......... STILL NOT COMPLETED
today march 22-03-2013..

i have not received my passport and that of my wife. my wife is European and i am a non eea member. i made an application when my tier 4 visa was still valid. its been 8months since i made the application. i have made numerous phone calls to the ukba Liverpool but still on the process. written 3 letters to the ukba but no response even when i use a special delivery. at this stage i am confused my wife is a self employed and has met the requirement of the ukba. WHAT CAN I DO ???????????????
Hi elenzo,

There are a few things you can try, especially since it's been more than 6 months after your application:

1) Contact your local MP and ask him to phone/write to UKBA on your behalf. It is one of the prime tasks of MPs
to deal with immigration issues and in some cases that did result in RC being issued promptly or at least a proper
response from UKBA. You can find your local MPs details here: findyourmp.parliament.uk

2) File an official complaint through UKBA. They have the procedure on their website:
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/cont ... o-complain
Your situation would qualify as I am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK Border Agency (other than in the categories listed above)

Do it both by email and by post.
When sending your email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, CC the UKBA boss:
Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (now former Chief Executive of UKBA)."

3) Fill in the document return form and
email it to: RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk AND LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
AND send it by regular post to the same address you've sent your application to.
Please include your name and reference number in the subject line of the email when you submit the request form. Please do not include any additional information in the email as this will not be responded to.
4) call using UKBA NUMBER 01516725626
It's the number where the 0800 calls are redirected to, but at least they won't be as costly.

Hope it helps and your situations gets resolved quickly and easily!
Directive 2004/38/EC: My Bible and guide when navigating the Seven Seas of European immigration policies.

ukbavictim2
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 am

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by ukbavictim2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Dear All Readers,

Please be aware that the UKBA is calling random people for interviews on short notices. They also are asking for further documents relating to the application. It seems like they are looking for a smallest reason to refuse the application.

Please make sure you are updating your self with all the required documents specially the bills & the pay slips.

Also make sure you have a story ready to tell the UKBA should they call you for an interview as slightest bits missing can send a wrong signal & they would not hesitate to refuse your application.

Ill keep you informed.

We were just called for an interview after 6 months & they didn't even consider listening to us that the 6 month time has lapsed. For them it was like so what if 6 months have passed all we want is to refuse you for some reason.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Good Luck to all EEA1 & EEA2 waiters.

ukbavictim2
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 am

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by ukbavictim2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 pm

enic wrote:
elenzo wrote:hi everyone nice to join this forum after ukba has turn my life into a living hell

made eea2 application 3rd august 2012
coa received 21st october 2012
RC .......... STILL NOT COMPLETED
today march 22-03-2013..

i have not received my passport and that of my wife. my wife is European and i am a non eea member. i made an application when my tier 4 visa was still valid. its been 8months since i made the application. i have made numerous phone calls to the ukba Liverpool but still on the process. written 3 letters to the ukba but no response even when i use a special delivery. at this stage i am confused my wife is a self employed and has met the requirement of the ukba. WHAT CAN I DO ???????????????
Hi elenzo,

There are a few things you can try, especially since it's been more than 6 months after your application:

1) Contact your local MP and ask him to phone/write to UKBA on your behalf. It is one of the prime tasks of MPs
to deal with immigration issues and in some cases that did result in RC being issued promptly or at least a proper
response from UKBA. You can find your local MPs details here: findyourmp.parliament.uk

2) File an official complaint through UKBA. They have the procedure on their website:
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/cont ... o-complain
Your situation would qualify as I am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK Border Agency (other than in the categories listed above)

Do it both by email and by post.
When sending your email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, CC the UKBA boss:
Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (now former Chief Executive of UKBA)."

3) Fill in the document return form and
email it to: RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk AND LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
AND send it by regular post to the same address you've sent your application to.
Please include your name and reference number in the subject line of the email when you submit the request form. Please do not include any additional information in the email as this will not be responded to.
4) call using UKBA NUMBER 01516725626
It's the number where the 0800 calls are redirected to, but at least they won't be as costly.

Hope it helps and your situations gets resolved quickly and easily!


Dear Enic,

I would like to congratulate you to see you finally out of the waiting misery.

Just got couple of questions,

1. Did they call you for an interview.
2. Did you make any contact with them within this 6 months time frame.
3. What is the due date by which they have to reply.
4. What date starts the count down, The day we send the application or the Date written on the CoA (Certificate of Acceptance).

Luckily i send my application a day before you & unluckily i haven't had anything back from them. My Solicitor is already talking about the appeal & the Grounds of Appeal.

Fingers are still crossed.

Thank you.

johnkumar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by johnkumar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm

hello guys,

hello guys

I m happy today as i just received interview letter from home office(progress)...but sad and scare as well cuz dont know what will they ask me ...please help me if someone got experience of that..

my time scale is
application date 28/11/2012
application recieved 29/11/2012
COA 13/01/2013
change of address 15/03/2013
passport back request 20/03/2013
request of my partner's passport 01/04/2013
passport back 10/04/2013
and to day i got interview letter.. for 20may2013

what should i prepared for.. please let me know...
_________________
thanks for help in advance..

enic
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by enic » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am

ukbavictim2 wrote:
enic wrote:
elenzo wrote:hi everyone nice to join this forum after ukba has turn my life into a living hell

made eea2 application 3rd august 2012
coa received 21st october 2012
RC .......... STILL NOT COMPLETED
today march 22-03-2013..

i have not received my passport and that of my wife. my wife is European and i am a non eea member. i made an application when my tier 4 visa was still valid. its been 8months since i made the application. i have made numerous phone calls to the ukba Liverpool but still on the process. written 3 letters to the ukba but no response even when i use a special delivery. at this stage i am confused my wife is a self employed and has met the requirement of the ukba. WHAT CAN I DO ???????????????
Hi elenzo,

There are a few things you can try, especially since it's been more than 6 months after your application:

1) Contact your local MP and ask him to phone/write to UKBA on your behalf. It is one of the prime tasks of MPs
to deal with immigration issues and in some cases that did result in RC being issued promptly or at least a proper
response from UKBA. You can find your local MPs details here: findyourmp.parliament.uk

2) File an official complaint through UKBA. They have the procedure on their website:
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/cont ... o-complain
Your situation would qualify as I am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK Border Agency (other than in the categories listed above)

Do it both by email and by post.
When sending your email to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, CC the UKBA boss:
Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (now former Chief Executive of UKBA)."

3) Fill in the document return form and
email it to: RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk AND LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
AND send it by regular post to the same address you've sent your application to.
Please include your name and reference number in the subject line of the email when you submit the request form. Please do not include any additional information in the email as this will not be responded to.
4) call using UKBA NUMBER 01516725626
It's the number where the 0800 calls are redirected to, but at least they won't be as costly.

Hope it helps and your situations gets resolved quickly and easily!


Dear Enic,

I would like to congratulate you to see you finally out of the waiting misery.

Just got couple of questions,

1. Did they call you for an interview.
2. Did you make any contact with them within this 6 months time frame.
3. What is the due date by which they have to reply.
4. What date starts the count down, The day we send the application or the Date written on the CoA (Certificate of Acceptance).

Luckily i send my application a day before you & unluckily i haven't had anything back from them. My Solicitor is already talking about the appeal & the Grounds of Appeal.

Fingers are still crossed.

Thank you.

Hi ukbavictim2,

Sorry for a month long delay in reply, hope your situation has been sorted in your favour by now.
I'll answer your questions just in case it is helpful to anyone else out there in a similar situation.
1. Did they call you for an interview.
No, they made no contact with me whatsoever.
I have heard from others about random visits to their address though and in one instance - a couple has been called to an interview after receiving their RC and 6 months of waiting...
2. Did you make any contact with them within this 6 months time frame.
I have send them an update on my application (I was made redundant) to state that I am currently a jobseeker and intend to keep exercising my Treaty rights.
I sent them most recent payslips, employer's letter of termination and copy of CoA for reference.
I was hoping that this letter would "remind" them of my application as it was sent after 5 months have passed, but when I received the RC it turned out it was issued a month before I sent the letter. Perhaps the letter did actually prompt them to look it up and finally send to us.
3. What is the due date by which they have to reply.
I believe it should be mentioned in the Directive or UKBA website. But I wouldn't hassle about the timing that much as in most cases they don't reply within due time anyway and there's nothing that can be done about it.
4. What date starts the count down, The day we send the application or the Date written on the CoA (Certificate of Acceptance).
I'm not sure how UKBA sees it, but the generally accepted date is the date UKBA receive your application (usually the next day after sending your initial application by Special Delivery).
Again - I'm afraid the 6 month timing doesn't really concern UKBA much as there are no proper institutions you can turn to once these 6 months have lapsed and appealing to Solvit, EU structures or court can last for months/years.

An additional note from me - I went through the whole application process on my own with no help from lawyers (but with great support from this and other forums and their mods - a big thanks!) and I believe that if you have time, patience and a good command of English you are better off doing everything yourself. There is tons of information out there on the topic as most people run into similar problems with UKBA, lawyers charge amounts that are measured in thousands and are totally unjustified unless you would really prefer someone else doing the application for you.

If anyone need more help or advice, please feel free to PM me, I'll help with what I can.
Directive 2004/38/EC: My Bible and guide when navigating the Seven Seas of European immigration policies.

johnkumar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by johnkumar » Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

i got refusal for EEA2 residence card after attending interview with home office..

they said our CP is for convenience.. because according to them out of 140 our 30 question were wrong.. and they said on work our address are not same ..but we didn't bother to change address over there..!!

now my partner don't want to go further step as we allowed to do appeal because on interview they made him stressed as well..

what should we do .. any advice .. do we cant stay together like that...

i no need residence card just wanna stay with him..!! any other way to stay with him plz advice..!!

johnkumar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by johnkumar » Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

johnkumar wrote:i got refusal for EEA2 residence card after attending interview with home office..

they said our CP is for convenience.. because according to them out of 140 our 30 question were wrong.. and they said on work our address are not same ..but we didn't bother to change address over there..!!

now my partner don't want to go further step as we allowed to do appeal because on interview they made him stressed as well..

what should we do .. any advice .. do we cant stay together like that...

i no need residence card just wanna stay with him..!! any other way to stay with him plz advice..!!
and does my student visa still valid.??

martyn
Senior Member
Posts: 3276
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:08 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by martyn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 am

I am sorry to hear about that. I think you should come along to our next partnership meeting in two weeks time and talk to one of the volunteer solicitors. Details here: http://www.uklgig.org.uk/resources.htm# ... p_meetings
and does my student visa still valid.??
Did they cancel your student visa? Although they have refused you a Residence Card you are still the civil partner of an EEA citizen exercising treaty rights. They claim yours is a civil partnership of convenience but that is just their opinion and they would need to prove that at an appeal. I suspect you will have more evidence that it is a genuine relationship than they will have evidence that it isn’t.

Have a look at our evidence page which explains the sort of evidence you can provide to support your case: http://www.uklgig.org.uk/evidence.htm
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

johnkumar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by johnkumar » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:26 pm

martyn wrote:I am sorry to hear about that. I think you should come along to our next partnership meeting in two weeks time and talk to one of the volunteer solicitors. Details here: http://www.uklgig.org.uk/resources.htm# ... p_meetings
and does my student visa still valid.??
Did they cancel your student visa? Although they have refused you a Residence Card you are still the civil partner of an EEA citizen exercising treaty rights. They claim yours is a civil partnership of convenience but that is just their opinion and they would need to prove that at an appeal. I suspect you will have more evidence that it is a genuine relationship than they will have evidence that it isn’t.

Have a look at our evidence page which explains the sort of evidence you can provide to support your case: http://www.uklgig.org.uk/evidence.htm
actually they write down i have no alternative to stay in this country so i have to leave this country voluntarily otherwise they will enforced to do that..!!
yea its true our CP is genuine and exists. they sent residence card for my EEA partner but not for me. well i send them already everything but they refused us for very minor mistakes. we just left our phone bills to show them which can show them we rang numerous time in last 2 years.. hope that will help...

actually we kept our relationship secrete because our home countries don't believe in same sex marriage and that become huge problem for us as we just have 2 witness on our wedding..!!



just one question untill i have CP certificate can they forcefully send me home even they decided our marriage is for convenience..??

how they will collect more evidence that our marriage is for convenience..?? as they already sent everything back to us... all documents and photographs..!!

Anouk
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by Anouk » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi all,

Our timescale:

Sent application by Special Delivery on 28th Feb
Received Royal Mail confirmation of delivery on 1st March
Emailed UKBA asking about CoA on 21st March (via liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)
Received CoA on 26th March (letter was dated 21st March)
Received Residence Card endorsement on passport on 24th April (letter was dated 22 April)

To our surprise, the UKBA was very, very quick and we have had no issues with our application at all. We'd like to thank the people from UKLGIG for organising the monthly events (some professional legal advice was very useful) and for the existence of this forum. In particular: thank you so much, Martyn.

martyn
Senior Member
Posts: 3276
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:08 pm
Location: Nuneaton

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by martyn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:37 pm

actually they write down i have no alternative to stay in this country so i have to leave this country voluntarily otherwise they will enforced to do that..!!
This is standard wording and they are just trying to scare you. Didn’t you say you had a student visa? If that hasn’t expired then you obviously do have an alternative so what they have said isn’t true. You also have the right of appeal, another alternative.
just one question untill i have CP certificate can they forcefully send me home even they decided our marriage is for convenience..??
Your partner has an absolute right under EU immigration rules to have his spouse (that is you) with him in the UK. If they want to deport you they would need to prove to an immigration judge that you entered into a marriage of convenience. The immigration judge is independent and does not work for the Home Office. The Home Office won’t go to the court unless you make them and will instead try to bully and intimidate you into leaving. That is why you need to appeal.
how they will collect more evidence that our marriage is for convenience..?? as they already sent everything back to us... all documents and photographs..!!
They won’t be able to if your case is genuine. All they have is the interview and the questions they asked and at the appeal you will be able to explain your answers.

You should realy come to the meeting and speak to one of our solicitors about this.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

johnkumar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by johnkumar » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:50 pm

martyn wrote:
actually they write down i have no alternative to stay in this country so i have to leave this country voluntarily otherwise they will enforced to do that..!!
This is standard wording and they are just trying to scare you. Didn’t you say you had a student visa? If that hasn’t expired then you obviously do have an alternative so what they have said isn’t true. You also have the right of appeal, another alternative.
just one question untill i have CP certificate can they forcefully send me home even they decided our marriage is for convenience..??
Your partner has an absolute right under EU immigration rules to have his spouse (that is you) with him in the UK. If they want to deport you they would need to prove to an immigration judge that you entered into a marriage of convenience. The immigration judge is independent and does not work for the Home Office. The Home Office won’t go to the court unless you make them and will instead try to bully and intimidate you into leaving. That is why you need to appeal.
how they will collect more evidence that our marriage is for convenience..?? as they already sent everything back to us... all documents and photographs..!!
They won’t be able to if your case is genuine. All they have is the interview and the questions they asked and at the appeal you will be able to explain your answers.



You should realy come to the meeting and speak to one of our solicitors about this.

thanks so much ..you made me confident.. well which meeting should i come..on 6th or 15th the partnership one..??

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests