EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

arzyraffy

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by arzyraffy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm non-EEA family member, my husband is a Polish citizen, I submitted my application for EEA2 last May 25, 2012 and checked it from Post Office tracking online, it was been received May 28, 2012. Until now, almost 4 weeks waiting, I didn't receive my certificate of application yet, I send them an email on liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, but don't have any reply yet, I also tried calling their telephone number but still cannot find any answers. I can't go back to work since my employer was looking for a document that I am allowed to work again like certificate of application.

ANY help or suggestions please???

I am so desperate, I'm waiting for the postman every single day :(

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:16 pm

romchie wrote:I didn't find email where i can send questions about my documents and papers? can some body give it to me ?
Try this email address, its an email address for returning your documents but its really the only one that myself and an other person found any use for - liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm

arzyraffy wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm non-EEA family member, my husband is a Polish citizen, I submitted my application for EEA2 last May 25, 2012 and checked it from Post Office tracking online, it was been received May 28, 2012. Until now, almost 4 weeks waiting, I didn't receive my certificate of application yet, I send them an email on liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, but don't have any reply yet, I also tried calling their telephone number but still cannot find any answers. I can't go back to work since my employer was looking for a document that I am allowed to work again like certificate of application.

Hi Arzyraffy, i got your personal message to me through on my emails but i cant see it on here so i couldnt answer you directly. My partner and I ( she is the one applying ) sent her application off on the 6th April 2012 recorded delivery and to be honest we didnt even hear anything from them until a case worker rang us up to tell us the status of our application which was just last week and we recieved the COA this week on monday so you could be looking at alittle while longer as it wasnt very long ago you sent it off and they say they have a back log. So your employer let you work without your Work Permit? How did that work?
I cant give you any phone numbers unfortunately as the number i was given was in direct reference to my partner's case and i really dont want to jeopardise anything :( Do give it time and do keep emailing them and being as polite as possible...if your employer took you on without a work permit then i dont understand why he wants it now?

martyn

Post by martyn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:10 pm

So your employer let you work without your Work Permit? How did that work?
Some employers are very good with this if they know the immigration rules. What they are afraid of is being accused of employing someone who doesn’t have the right to work here because they get fined.

Any spouse of an EU citizen who is exercising treat rights in the UK also has the right to live and work here and gains this right the instant they register a CP or get married. If you showed an employer your CP registration/marriage certificate and the EU passport of your partner they can be reasonably satisfied that you do indeed have the right to work. The COA the Home Office sends you simply confirms that you have made an EEA2 application and when you get the Residence Card this also only confirms a right you already have – it doesn’t itself give you the right to work.

Unfortunately some employers are so scared of breaking the rules they insist on seeing these documents and even use the lack of them as an excuse not to employ people. It can also cause problems when the Home Office is slow at processing applications because they (employers) start to think that maybe there is something wrong with your application and maybe you are not entitled to work in the UK.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

romchie

Post by romchie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm

I send EEA2 form and all document on April 21 2012 but still nothing....If my phone line is broke did they send email or via post ?

munkeehmagic

Post by munkeehmagic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

Good News… Received my passport with RC today!!! My timeline are as follows:

EEA sent on 23 DECEMBER 2011
COA received on 23 JANUARY 2012 (dated 18 January 2011)
RC- 22 JUNE 2011 (issued on 19 JUNE 2011)

arzyraffy

Post by arzyraffy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:28 pm

arzyraffy wrote:Hello everybody,

--- I just received my certificate of application today dated July 29, but the problem is they missed one letter of my surname, instead of Cabanban, they wrote Cabanan..any help how to change it?

trust

Post by trust » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello Everybody,

I have submitted my EEA family permit application via post to the Home office based in Liverpool for the Residence Card. Here is time length till date:

Package posted on : 28th July 2012
Package received on : 31st July 2012

Its been more than a month I have not yet received any Certificate of Application from the home office. I am desperately waiting to know if my documents have reached at the right address or not. I tried calling up at all the numbers provided on the website but in vain. The recorded messages does not transfer your call to the agent. Is there any email id or phone no where I can atleast call up and get some status on my application as well as the confirmation that the documents are received? Somebody please help me !!!

Thanks!!!

aggieric

Post by aggieric » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:54 pm

This seems to have been very instructive, but I would appreciate any thoughts on my specific situation.

I'm EEA2, DP registered in the CZ Republic, with my CZ partner. We resided in Netherlands for ~ 2 years,
where he was employed, and I, though unemployed, had my residency card and right to work authorization.

- He was transferred to his company's London office;
- We applied for my entry permit in March 2012
- Received 6 mo entry permit, expired in Aug 2012
- Move to London in May 2012, when my partner started work
- Believing I was eligible to work, I began applying for jobs;
- Was hired late July (provided his passport and our translated, authenticated DP certificate from CZR for my proof of work) with the intention of applying for my residence card AFTER being hired, so I could safely send off our documents
- My entry permit expired in August 2012
- After working three weeks, was forced in late August 2012 to attend a "disciplinary hearing" and was fired, because the company "consulted [their] solicitor, who called the UKBA and confirmed that I was not eligible for employment". That I was not eligible because of two reasons: my entry permit expired in August, and if I had renewed it, I would be eligible to work OR I should have sent off my EEA2 residency application and provided my CoA as proof of work. That my partner's passport (actually it was his ID card) and our DP certificate were insufficient as proof of work.
- while my employer could not say so explicitly, they made clear that, once I had my CoA, they'd jump at the chance to rehire me.

So, if I read this thread correctly, I actually was/am eligible, and my employer received bad advice from their solicitor.

I know the advice provided here isn't from a solicitor and is thus not legal advice, but I'd appreciate your take on it.

Thanks -

Eric

aggieric

Post by aggieric » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 am

trust wrote: Package posted on : 28th July 2012
Package received on : 31st July 2012

Its been more than a month I have not yet received any Certificate of Application from the home office. I am desperately waiting to know if my documents have reached at the right address or not. I tried calling up at all the numbers provided on the website but in vain. The recorded messages does not transfer your call to the agent. Is there any email id or phone no where I can atleast call up and get some status on my application as well as the confirmation that the documents are received? Somebody please help me !!!
Hi Trust -

It's been right at a month for me, as well, and I haven't received my CoA either. However, I have been able to talk to someone - have called them twice so far, and have been able to talk to someone. The first time they told me my application had been received (I already knew that, b/c I sent it registered.) The second time, they told me it had been "entered into the database" and I just have to wait. Here is the number I call:

The European enquiries contact centre:
0845 010 5200

The thing to note: you have to keep choosing thorough two or thee levels of options, and then you will be put on hold, in my experience about 20 minutes, before you actually talk to a person.

Good luck with it!

Eric

JPS

Post by JPS » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

Hi all. Just wanted to share with you my timescales for my EEA2.

April 3 2012 - Applied for eea2
May 15 2012 - C.O.A arrived - with d.o.b mistakes, called the department who advised to send back with cover letter
June 01 2012 - C.O.A arrived with mistake corrected
Sept 27 2012 - EEA2 arrived back in passport

The ukba seem to be under a huge amount of pressure with totally inadequate resources. I accept that clerical errors take place, and I note in my case the error they made with my c.o.a was corrected. In all dealings I had on the phone the call centre staff were rude and most unhelpful. As they are obliged legally to deal with processing of eea2 residence cards within 6 months, you will note from my timescale above, they did in my case with with a week or so to spare. I am thankful to have the residence card, but I have to say that being without a passport for 6 months was uncomfortable to say the least. Something has to be done to unplug this bottle neck. Its just too long to be without your passport.

yogsmith

Post by yogsmith » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 am

Please Help!!
I am planing to apply for EEA2 Family permit in January 2013. I am Indian national (non-EEA) and my partner is Hungarian (EEA). I was living in Birmingham before 6 months. I live in London now for job. My partner lives in Redditch. I travel often to meet my partner on weekends. I have proof of travel as tickets and online train and bus bookings. My bank statement address is my partner's Redditch address. (I have another bank account with my London address).
and I have other required documents stated below:

1. Two photographs
2. Passport (mine)
3. Tier 1 PSW visa valid until may 2014
4. ID card (partner's)
5. EEA1 Registration certificate card (partner's) (we already applied and got it)
6. Bank statement (partner's)
7. Civil Partnership certificate
8. Pay slips of my partner as an employee (as he exercising treaty right)
9. Pay slips (mine)
10. Our photographs together
11. Proof of our holiday together
12. Proof that we call each other
13. Proof of skype calls and facebook messages.

My questions are:
Do I need to send my bank statement as well if yes, then which one Redditch address or London address one?
Do I and my partner need to send cover letter explaining my case?
My case is genuine we don't have anything untrue. If I am lacking to support my case please do let me know what else documents I need to add more.

Thanks for your time.

johnkumar

Post by johnkumar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am

heloooooo..!!

anyone who recently got residence permit for 5 years...as i waiting for 4 months now..so just wondering...

please tell me how long it take for straight forward case...!!!

thanks in advance

yogsmith

Post by yogsmith » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 am

johnkumar wrote:heloooooo..!!

anyone who recently got residence permit for 5 years...as i waiting for 4 months now..so just wondering...

please tell me how long it take for straight forward case...!!!

thanks in advance
It takes around 4 - 6 months time for straight forward case according to my research.

vladica

Post by vladica » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Dear all,

I've just received my passport back, therefore I'm reporting my timescale as it follows:

1. EEA2 application submitted on 12 January 2013
2. CoA received on 16 February 2013
3. Passport with the RC received 19 March 2013

Roughly, it took two months.

Big thank you to the moderators and active members! With the help of this forum, the moderators' and legal advisors' advices and the valuable information that the members post, I did my application myself, liaised with UKBA and received my passport back successfully and quite promptly!

Thank you once again.

Best wishes!