EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

ritchieandmiguel

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by ritchieandmiguel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 am

Happy ending...

Our civil partnership was on the 5 November last year.

The application was send of on the 26-11-11.
Liverpool recieved application on the 27-11-11
Notification was recieved on the 24-12-11 ( About a month )
Resident permit card and documents send back on 1-3-2012 ( About two months after the notification).

Great news. With a nurisng dream job and a luxury flat in Vauxhall seems everything works out when God is on your side.

Good luck to all the couples out there.

And one more thing, a massive thank you to all the moderators on this site cause with their advice and replies from my post everthing went well during the process of applying for my resident permit card.

Ritchie and Miguel

giannilondon

Post by giannilondon » Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi,

never been more pleased with the HO!
We sent EEA4 application on March 9 2012.
Beg April, we wrote as we hadn't received any COA. Motivation was that my partner's employer (my partner is MEX, I am French) was asking for proof of his lawful residence here.
Mid April, another mail as we had no answer.
27 Apr, another mail.
30 Apr, answer from Euro team: documents are in despatch department.
full visa EEA4 received today 02 May.
Timeline: less than 2 months!

My advice: do write to the UKBA email and motivate your argument.

liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I've seen in other mail trails in google that people writing to this email get their documents much faster. Example of a couple leaving on holiday, same thing, they returned the EEA4 completed within no time.

good luck!

munkeehmagic

Post by munkeehmagic » Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Any current timescales??

My timeline reports are as follows:

EEA sent on 23 December 2011
COA received on 23 January 2012 (dated 18 January 2011)
RC- still waiting…

I don’t know why the UKBA taking ages to process the December applicants. I sent three emails asking about the status of my application, yet no reply from them…

:( :(

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi All, I hope all those waiting get something very soon! I know how horrible it is waiting as all you can fear is the worst ( rejection ) or they have sent it to the wrong address! My partner and I have been waiting on the postman every day and its getting to the point where we are starting to hate the postman! :/

Here is my timeline:

Sent Application on 5th April 2012
Liverpool recieved it on the 11th April 2012 ( recorded delieverly )
.........and i'm still waiting!!

We are on a very strict budget ( only one of us gets some money ) and we really dont have the spare funds to call and see what is happening with our application, can anyone tell us if there is an email address we can contact them at?

Many thanks

giannilondon

Post by giannilondon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm

For email see my post on may 01 above.
Do write, I found it speeded up the process.

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Thank you giannilondon for that :) I had been sending emails to that address since last thursday ( I saw your post on here with that email address and thought i'd try it ) but with no success of reply as yet but i thought that there may be another one i could try that someone may know of. I have completely wore myself out today trying to call the UK Border Agency to try and get some kind of result in my partners EEA2 Application but every number we called ( and trust me, we spent an hour on the internet getting all and any numbers we could find! ) all the pre-recorded voice kept saying was they were not able to provide any information within the 6 month time scale or she would give us a number to number that would say the same thing!! We are at our wits end as we really would have thought we would have had the COA at this stage ( just over 2 months now ) as my partner needs to register with a doctor but cant.

Does anyone know of a number that actually works that could give us ANY kind of information about our application because i truely think we have exhausted all numbers possible :(

giannilondon

Post by giannilondon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Was facing the same too. They never seem to answer by phone.

Do give them time by email.

Of the three emails we sent, they acknowledged only the last one, and that after 2 weeks.

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:27 pm

giannilondon wrote:Was facing the same too. They never seem to answer by phone.

Of the three emails we sent, they acknowledged only the last one, and that after 2 weeks.
I will do my best, patience is really not my strong point at this stage now, thank you for your encouragement :)

munkeehmagic

Post by munkeehmagic » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:29 am

Justthe2ofus wrote:
giannilondon wrote:Was facing the same too. They never seem to answer by phone.

I will do my best, patience is really not my strong point at this stage now, thank you for your encouragement :)
same here... i sent around 5 emails to them and silence are their default answer..

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I did finally get a reply from them...pretty pissed off at it to be honest, here it is:

Good Morning,
We aim to conclude all non EEA applications within 6 months of receipt, and usually much sooner. We conclude postal applications from EEA nationals within 20 days. The public enquiry office in Croydon, can provide a same day service. This is in accordance with the EEA Regulations of 2006. Please see guidance from the UK Border Agency website: “The time taken to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.We deal with all applications within 6 months. Some applications will be resolved much sooner.To help us to focus on deciding applications as soon as possible, please do not phone or write to ask about the progress of your application unless you need a passport or other document urgently.” http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
Kind regards
Euro

Is it really so hard to just look up my partners name and tell us what stage it is at?

ikidunot

Post by ikidunot » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Same-day service in Croydon? Are you sure this is for the EEA2 residence card applications?

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:38 pm

ikidunot wrote:Same-day service in Croydon? Are you sure this is for the EEA2 residence card applications?
lol Um yeah im very sure it's for the EEA2 residence card, trust me on that as for the past 3 months we have been eating, sleeping and breathing the EEA2 bloody application :cry: Also im in Belfast, Northern Ireland so Croydon would be quite away for us to go.

.......But some good news today! I got a call from an officer at the Liverpool Agency who said he was very sorry that we hadn't heard anything yet as they have been very busy but told us my partners COA is in the post today and her visa has been sent for printing and that will be with us in afew weeks! Excellent news, just hope they cant refuse it or something in the mean time!! ( just my luck this past while ) but he gave me his contact number if i had any questions or just incase i have any issues with our COA or visa. Is it standard for them to call like that?

romchie

Post by romchie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello everybody , i want to ask can somebody help me. I have send EEA2 form to Liverpool something about 2 month ago but they will not answer yet and don't send any mail or email.Where can i know whats happen with my documents ? some email or phone number that i contact direct with UKBA worker ? many thanks for help and answer.

Justthe2ofus

Post by Justthe2ofus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 am

romchie wrote:Hello everybody , i want to ask can somebody help me. I have send EEA2 form to Liverpool something about 2 month ago but they will not answer yet and don't send any mail or email.Where can i know whats happen with my documents ? some email or phone number that i contact direct with UKBA worker ? many thanks for help and answer.
Hi Romchie, If you look at my above posts you will see i am/was in the same position as you. There is an email address also you can try in the above comments aswell, so take a read through them. I personally have found no phone numbers that are of help at all, they are all automated and basically tell you they have a back-log of applications and it can take up to 6 months. Good luck and i hope you hear something very soon! Do send an email though and be as nice as possible in the emails and never demand lol :)

romchie

Post by romchie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 am

I didn't find email where i can send questions about my documents and papers? can some body give it to me ?