EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

todyhy

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by todyhy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:54 pm

When I applied in September, it took the HO about 10 days from payment to receipt of the biometric letter. Keeping in mind that you applied at year end and that *I believe* the HO was closed for several days during that time, I would expect that delays have increased but a period of 6-12 weeks does sound unusually long.

You might check this discussion board (http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... lications/) to see if other people who applied about the same time are reporting similar delays.

todyhy

Post by todyhy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:38 pm

todyhy wrote:
JuaVier wrote:Hi Tony, do you have any news?

I recon we will receive our passports at the same time. Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Hi JuaVier, I have no other news to report, and I don't anticipate receiving anything further for another 4-5 months given the HO's 6 month window for rendering its final decision. For the time being, I'm just happy to have a CoA that affirms my right to work.

Tony
Hi JuaVier, the waiting is finally over; I have received my letter from the HO giving me notice that my resident's card will soon be delivered; I hope you received the same letter. Best regards

JuaVier

Post by JuaVier » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi everyone!

A quick update on the timescale, I have now received my documents back
Letter dated Feb 29 -2016

Now just waiting for the Biometric residence card.

In total were exactly 6 months from sending the documents to expected reception of the residence card.

Good luck and keep posting.

Cheers.

JuaVier

for more details about the time scale http://uklgig.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 987#p17987

qlecdoman

Post by qlecdoman » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Me and my partner applied for his EEA FM residency card in December 2015 (27th of Dec),
So far he's received a COA with right to work,
However there was no other communication - we haven't received our passports back either.

I was wondering if you think this might mean there are some problems with the application?
Also, do you advise to send any additional information (pictures, documents, bills) to support the application while the application is still being processed?

The reason why we're asking is because from what we read on the internet some people sent their pictures together, letters from friends etc.

Many thanks
Lukasz and Rohan

patgir

Post by patgir » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:20 pm

March 30, 2016 my husbear back where he lives had his "appointment" do drop off the paper
March 31, 2016 we were told the papers have been received in the office
April 6, 2016 "Your visa application has been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer, who will consider your case according to UK immigration rules"

Ill keep you guys updated, but i think its going quite fast no?

martyn

Post by martyn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:22 am

Hello Lukasz and Rohan,

If you have received the COA your application must have been in order and they are now checking the details. They are not very fast and I think have up to 6 months under EU law to process this. If they need any extra information they should ask for it. If you need your passports back you can request that they are returned.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors