EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

martyn

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by martyn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 pm

The partnership meeting on the 15th. These are held on the 3rd Saturday of every month except December.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

Matty

Post by Matty » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi all,

I applied for EEA 1 and EEA 2 applications together through a solicitor... applied at the end of Jan 2013 but did not receive a Certificate of Application yet. But in the beginning of april i received EU national passport and residence card issued by the home office and EEA 2 application is still pending.. its not been six months

what should i do ? My job contract has been terminated last month bcoz of no sufficient documents provided for example acknowledgment etc etc...

One more thing i have a corresponding adress of my solicitor means all post and documents from HO delievered to his office address.

MAny Thanks

Danilo

Post by Danilo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:24 am

Hello everyone!
We've finally received our documents back today! Timescale as follows:

EEA2 sent - 31/05/2013
CoA received - 07/06/2013
Passport with residence card received - 26/07/2013

We are so happy that our documents came back so quickly! We did everything ourselves and we found the whole process fairly easy...
We found a lot of useful information here on this website so thank you all very much! :)

gnik

Post by gnik » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 am

Hello everyone;

Here to report my timeframe:

- EEAFP application sent on 14/06
- EEAFP received by UK's Embassy in Madrid on 17/06
- Received my Entry Clearance on 02/07 in Lisbon!!!

* they have kept my original Civil Partnership certificate, which I thought was very weird - I'll have to ask for another one while I'm still here in Portugal ( where we got married)

I'm very happy for this initial outcome, I was just wondering one thing;

- They have given me six months on the entry clearance, can I apply for an NI number as soon as I arrive and before I sent my documents for the residency? from what I've been reading here they can take up to six months to send mine and my partner's documents back...

And last but not least, THANK YOU!!!! A few of my friends thought I could not have done this on my own and I did!! And it would not be possible without your help.

This is not the end though so I'll be back with more questions.. sorry!

teetee4z

Post by teetee4z » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm

johnkumar wrote:
johnkumar wrote:i got refusal for EEA2 residence card after attending interview with home office..

they said our CP is for convenience.. because according to them out of 140 our 30 question were wrong.. and they said on work our address are not same ..but we didn't bother to change address over there..!!

now my partner don't want to go further step as we allowed to do appeal because on interview they made him stressed as well..

what should we do .. any advice .. do we cant stay together like that...

i no need residence card just wanna stay with him..!! any other way to stay with him plz advice..!!
and does my student visa still valid.??
hi, how did your application go, i have the same problem

johnkumar

Post by johnkumar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:14 pm

teetee4z wrote:
johnkumar wrote:
johnkumar wrote:i got refusal for EEA2 residence card after attending interview with home office..

they said our CP is for convenience.. because according to them out of 140 our 30 question were wrong.. and they said on work our address are not same ..but we didn't bother to change address over there..!!

now my partner don't want to go further step as we allowed to do appeal because on interview they made him stressed as well..

i no need residence card just wanna stay with him..!! any other way to stay with him plz advice..!!
teetee4z wrote:
johnkumar wrote:

hello teetee4z

just desperately waiting for hearing date.. anyone please tell me how long it take to get hearing date after appeal..???

wt was reasons of your rejection..???

huskysize

Post by huskysize » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

In spite of all the anxiety over it the process was fairly straightforward and timely.

10 June 2013 submitted EEA2 and EE3 applications
13 June 2013 COA issued (received around 17 June)
9 September 2013 received call from Liverpool office with questions about my European partners Uni time in the UK. Since he didn't buy personal health insurance he did not qualify yet for the EE3 or permanent residency. Since he is exercising his EU treaty rights in the UK by working here however my EEA2 was approved on this basis and he was granted confirmation of residence as well.
11 September 2013 Residency Card issued
14 September 2013 passports with the residency card stickers and documents arrived via prepaid Royal Mail Special delivery.

IT TOOK JUST THREE MONTHS

Good luck to everyone going through this anxious process. But rest assured if you follow the instructions and provide the documentation correctly you will be approved. I personally saw a solicitor twice to review my family permit and EEA applications. Well worth the £250 I paid in total.

BIG THANK YOU to this site and the services they provide. We couldn't have done it without you! :)

sumsum123

Post by sumsum123 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Guys,

Just thought I will share with you all regarding my EEA2.
I send my application with
two photos of myself
my passport
my resident card
my partners passport
letter from his employer
3 months of his pay slips
civil partnership certificate.

I didn't apply EEA1 fro my partner as it is not essential advised by solicitors at the meeting.. Refer to my previous post :)

Application send on 06 August 2013.

Application received letter from home office on 08/08/2013

COA received on 19/08/2013 dated 16/08/2013.

EEA2 received on 12/11/2013 & stamped on the passport on 07/11/2013!! YAY!

I 've heard for 2013 application it only take three months now. I am not sure if this is true or not ... In my case it only took me three months for me.

It is pretty straightforward so please don't stress :)

Again, thank you all for your posting & gudies line here :) It is indeed very helpful!!
Good Luck! Guys! xx

Iyk13

Post by Iyk13 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm

- 25/02/2015 EEA FM Application's sent
- 26/02/2015 Application arrived (according to the registered royal mail)
- 05/03/2015 Letter of Acknolwgement received
- 05/03/2015 Payment taken from account
- 05/03/2015 Email received with case ID
- 11/03/2015 CoA received with right to work

todyhy

Post by todyhy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi all,

There has been no activity on this thread since earlier in the year so I thought I would post my recent timescale activity. My husband and I are U.S. citizens but he also holds Italian citizenship. He is a skilled worker exercising treaty rights and is not seeking a registration certificate from the HO.

Application Sent: 14 Sep 2015
Received at HO: 15 Sep 2015
Payment Taken: 16 Sep 2015
Biometric Received & Enrolled: 25 Sep 2015
Passports Requested / Received: 05 Oct 2015 / 10 Oct 2015
CoA Dated / Received: 09 Oct 2015 / 12 Oct 2015
Resident Card: Pending

Tony

JuaVier

Post by JuaVier » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi all,

I have posted my time scales so far on http://uklgig.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5419

Hey Tony they look pretty similar to yours.

Here they are just in case
Application sent 12/09/15
Received by Home Office 15/09/15
Payment processed 16/09/15
Biometric letter 22/09/15
Biometric letter received 25/09/15
COA dated 09/10/15
COA received 12/10/15

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards,

JuaVier

Post by JuaVier » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:27 am

Hi Tony, do you have any news?

I recon we will receive our passports at the same time. Please keep us posted. Thanks.
todyhy wrote:Hi all,

There has been no activity on this thread since earlier in the year so I thought I would post my recent timescale activity. My husband and I are U.S. citizens but he also holds Italian citizenship. He is a skilled worker exercising treaty rights and is not seeking a registration certificate from the HO.

Application Sent: 14 Sep 2015
Received at HO: 15 Sep 2015
Payment Taken: 16 Sep 2015
Biometric Received & Enrolled: 25 Sep 2015
Passports Requested / Received: 05 Oct 2015 / 10 Oct 2015
CoA Dated / Received: 09 Oct 2015 / 12 Oct 2015
Resident Card: Pending

Tony

todyhy

Post by todyhy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 am

JuaVier wrote:Hi Tony, do you have any news?

I recon we will receive our passports at the same time. Please keep us posted. Thanks.
Hi JuaVier, I have no other news to report, and I don't anticipate receiving anything further for another 4-5 months given the HO's 6 month window for rendering its final decision. For the time being, I'm just happy to have a CoA that affirms my right to work.

Tony

Ed

Post by Ed » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 pm

It is good to see the thread has taken off since I started it.

It's been over 5 years since I received my resident card. And it is time to apply for the PR card (EEA4). There were complications early in the process which I have to apply 2 weeks after the resident card expired, and due to the tight timelines my employer having to check my eligibility to work within two weeks of submission, my employment was terminated because HO came back with a negative verification (Reason: they have not issue CoA). Long story short, it's complicated and HO always tries to make things very difficult for genuine tax payers like myself and yourself. However, I have received my CoA stating my rights to work (wish they could have done that much earlier) and now in conversation with my employer to 'hire' me back. Not a nice thing to happen over Christmas.

Anyway, here's the timeline:

Application sent 20/11/2015
Application received 23/11/2015
Payment processed 24/11/2015
Biometric metric letter dated 04/12/15
Biometric metric letter received 08/12/2015
EMPLOYER VERIFICATION SUBMITTED 08/12/2015
NEGATIVE VERIFICATION RECEIVED AND LOST MY JOB: 11/12/2015
Biometric enrolment completed 12/12/2015
CoA dated 29/12/2015
CoA received 02/01/2016
BRP dated 18/04/15
BRP received in the post 06/05/2016

Good luck everyone.
Last edited by Ed on Sun May 15, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qlecdoman

Post by qlecdoman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for this thread.
Me (Polish Citizen) and my civil partner (Indian) are hubbys since December,
My Partner applied for a EEA Residence card on the 23rd of Dec (EEA FM form),
His card was charged on the 29th of Dec, however we still haven't received any correspondence,
We're expecting a Biometric Enrolment Letter. According to HO (we called them yesterday) this may take 6 weeks,
but then when we called another customer service person they said it might be 12 weeks before we receive any correspondence :/

I was wondering if this sounds accurate to you?
From this thread I can see that most of you received the biometric enrolement letter within 10-14days,
but for us it's been already three weeks since the card was charged,
and almost 4 weeks since HO received the application, that's why we're a little bit worried.