EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Is the sponsor an EU/EEA or Swiss national ? To what extent is freedom of movement still restricted for same-sex couples in the EU ? Do you have experience of immigration bureaucracy in other European countries ? Please also visit EU/EEA page in the main website

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Ed

EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by Ed » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi All,

I am just wondering if we could have a thread with all our EEA applications because I find that all the information is scattered around the place and so difficult to understand and rather confusing at times.
Basically this thread is for people for have applied for EEA2 as a family member an an EEA national (excluding British), issues, progress and successful application. WE NEED SOME MOTIVATION TO GO ON THIS HURDLE. I saw this in other forum as well, but none is created for just LGBT community.
So I am going to start first.

03/06/2010 EEA 2 application posted
04/06/2010 Application received at Liverpool dispatch centre
Never call to check until
28/06/2010 The officer finally answer the phone call (after 5 times trying) and informed me that he cannot reveal any information about the application but acknowledge they already received my EEA2 application.
Now just waiting for the COA to arrive so that I can start looking for job with it.

Any good news today people?

Ed

martyn

Re: ONLY ALL EEA APPLICANTS - COMBINED OUR STRENGHT

Post by martyn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Now just waiting for the COA to arrive so that I can start looking for job with it.
You mean acknowledgement that they have received your EEA2 application?
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

mym

Post by mym » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Yes, the government almost deliberately produced confusion between the CoA (Certificate of Approval, for marriage/CP) and the COA (Certificate of Application, for EEA applications).
--
Mark. London UK.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

nicknoa

Post by nicknoa » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Good idea, Ed.

here is my story:

1. 26 March 2010 submitted EEA2 application
2. 5 May 2010 received COA dated April 27th

nothing after that. I called UKBA several times and the answer is always the same that my application is in line to be allocated to a caseworker...

Ed

Post by Ed » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 pm

martyn wrote:
You mean acknowledgement that they have received your EEA2 application?
Yes martyn, he asked for the Royalmail recorded number and I gave him, few seconds later, he acknowledged they have received my application on 05/06/2010. Looks like its better for EEA2 applicants to sent theirs with recorded mail for this reason.
And I asked him roughly when can I received my COA, he said should be within 2 weeks... I wonder how he knew...

Ed

Ed

Post by Ed » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi ALL

Anyone actually got their Resident Card recently? We want to know the good news and keep us going!

ANY GOOD NEWS PEOPLE?

Ed

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 am

Well from what I've been hearing on other forums some people have been getting their residence cards after 3 or 4 months, so the situation seems to have improved from last year's nightmares. My COA was issued one month after applying (though it took a pretty long time to actually reach my doormat), and I'm hopeful that I at least won't have to wait more than 6 months.

Ed

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Maviesk,
Congratulations you got your COA.
Do you mind actually list the date when you posted your application, date of COA issued and date you actually received it? At least we could keep track which month of EEA application they are currently processing...that would roughly let us know their progress..

Cheers
Ed

maviesk

Re: EEA APPLICATIONS - report your timescales

Post by maviesk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:09 am

Sent application on May 17th
Application received May 18th
COA 'printed' June 17th
COA received July 1st

mandt

Post by mandt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

EEA3/EEA4 application sent 3 March 2010
CoA Issued 7 June
CoA Received 10 June

Ed

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 am

Looks like they are processing applications received by end May or early June, which means mine is coming soon.. fingers crossed. I seriously need that bloody COA to apply for jobs. Employers or recruitment agencies just won't help us if we don't have the visa! I mean is COA realy enough when they wanted to see the actual visa stamp in the passport?

One recruitment agency actually sent me an email with this:

"Under the provisions of the Asylum and Immigration Act 2006 effective from February 2008, you are required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Please send us a copy of your Passport as soon as possible via email to xxxxxxx@xxxx.com. Your details will be stored in the strictest of confidence with reference to the Data Protection Act"

Hello???....am I going to die of hunger if I need to wait 6 months for my RC in my passport? Will COA be a proof for eligibility to work in UK? This people just have no idea what hurdle we have to go through isn't it?

PEOPLE ANY GOOD NEWS TODAY?

nicknoa

Post by nicknoa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Finally, some good news! My residency card has finally arrived. After many phone calls to UKBA and frustration with the lack of information and constamt replies that my case was still in line to be allocated to a caseworker. Here is my details for your info:

1. 26 March 2010 submitted EEA2 application
2. 27 April 2010 COA issued (received around 05 May)
3. 14 July 2010 Residency Card issued
4. 16 July 2010 passport with the residency card sticker and documents received

It appears that decisions are made rather fast as soon as your case is allocated to a caseworker and UKBA does not have any questions. I called less than a week ago and was infromed that my case was not even allocated yet.

UKBA returned my documents in prepaid Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope I enclosed with my application.

Good luck to everyone going through this frustrating process!

Ed

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Nicknoa

CONGRATULATIONS on your RC. You are so lucky that they process it within 4 months! I hope they keep up this speed.

So happy to you and good to know good news like this...it really keep our hopes going....
All the best to you!

Ed

nicknoa

Post by nicknoa » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Thank you, Ed!
I wish, people would share more on this forum as it does help when you are waiting. In my experience it was a bit difficult to convince employers that you had a right to work in the UK with the COA. But it does work out at the end. Good luck!

Ed

Post by Ed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 am

Hi All,

I have received my COA today 19 July (the letter dated 9 July).

Again, here's my progress timescale.

03/06/2010 EEA 2 application posted
04/06/2010 Application received at Liverpool
Never call to check until
28/06/2010 Officer said they received the application (no further status given, asked me to just wait for the COA).
19/07/2010 COA received (letter dated 9 July)

Any good news today people?

Ed