Getting straight marriage after dissolving civil partnerhsip

Immigration topics relating to unmarried/civil partnerships, same sex marriages, or cross border partnerships in general. If you have already studied the immigration rules page on the uklgig website, but still have unanswered questions, post them here or in the EU/EEA forum below.

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

click

Getting straight marriage after dissolving civil partnerhsip

Post by click » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi - I'm back on this forum again now seeking some advice. I had civil partnerhship in London and then later my partner and I dissolved it about 3 years ago. Also I got my british nationality through civil partnership in 2013. Now I'm about to get straight marriage in a month time from back home. It is partially due to family pressure and also I want to get marry as well as I always wanted to have family/children. So I will have to sponsor my new wife after marriage to come and live with me in the Netherlands. (I'm living in Netherlands for last 5 months. I've british nationality). But I'm getting very worried now as they may reject her visa because I had civil partnership before in UK. what are your thoughts please? Any ideas please? Thanks