Naturalization application referee's

Immigration topics relating to unmarried/civil partnerships, same sex marriages, or cross border partnerships in general. If you have already studied the immigration rules page on the uklgig website, but still have unanswered questions, post them here or in the EU/EEA forum below.

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

Post Reply
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:56 am

Naturalization application referee's

Post by click » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:26 pm


I need 2 referee's for my naturalisation application. I've one referee available (He's a british chap and profession wise he's a solicitor).

But I'm still looking for 2nd referee. We live in a three bed room shared house and our landlord lives there as well in the same house. Can my landlord be my referee? Even though we gona have same address on the application form. He's only my landlord and doesn't relate to me.


Senior Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:37 pm
Location: London

Re: Naturalization application referee's

Post by Nichola » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes he can as long as he isn't related to the other referee and doesn't work for the Home Office.
This pro bono advice has been provided by a UKLGIG affiliated solicitor, Nichola Carter of Carter Thomas Solicitors (regulated by the SRA).
It should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice which would require the provision of full background information and/or documentation.
If the need for formal advice has been indicated, we suggest you refer to the list of affiliated solicitors on the UKLGIG website.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests