SET(M) Application

Immigration topics relating to unmarried/civil partnerships, same sex marriages, or cross border partnerships in general. If you have already studied the immigration rules page on the uklgig website, but still have unanswered questions, post them here or in the EU/EEA forum below.

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

click

SET(M) Application

Post by click » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi,

My Set(M) appointment is fast approaching and couple of weeks left now. Currently I'm on 2 years spouse visa. I've couple of questions.

1 - I heard there're some new rules coming into force from 1st July 2013. I'm worried if they gona effect on my ILR (Set M) application by any mean. I don't think they'd effect but I just want to double check.

2 - I remembered when I applied for FLR(M) visa we didn't provide any photo copies but now I heard we've to include photo copies of all documents as well along with the originals. Is that correct? If I don't take photo copies with me would that be fine?

Would someone please help me answering these questions. Thanks

martyn

Re: SET(M) Application

Post by martyn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:39 pm

1. Where did you hear this? They changed the rules in July 2012.
2. I think they now make you do their photocopying for them. Check the guidance notes for the application because I’m sure it says in there about photocopies.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

click

Post by click » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:16 pm

1 - I read new rules at below but I think that wouldn't effect my ILR application in couple of weeks time.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rules-july

2 - Actually there're so many documents so I'm avoiding taking photocopies. During my FLR(M) PEO appointment they photocopies themselves.

pb1612

Post by pb1612 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 am