SET(M) documents list

Immigration topics relating to unmarried/civil partnerships, same sex marriages, or cross border partnerships in general. If you have already studied the immigration rules page on the uklgig website, but still have unanswered questions, post them here or in the EU/EEA forum below.

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

click

SET(M) documents list

Post by click » Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi, My SET(M) appointment is fast approaching just few more weeks left now. My partner and myself live on a renting property in a shared house and all Utility bills and Council tax is in Landlord's name. We don't have any utility bill or anything in our name. Below are the only documents I can provide for my SET(M) application.Would you please tell me if these documents are okay or do I need to provide anymore documents. We really don't have anyother documents.

Would you please advice me what to do? Thanks

Joint Documents
1. Joint Saving account Statements

My Documents
Monthly Documents
1. Bank Statement (Barclays Bank and Lloyds TSB)
2. Credit Card Bills
3. Salary Slips

Other Documents
1. Medical Card
2. 2 P60's of Last 2 years
3. Mobile Phone Bills

Partner’s Documents
Monthly Documents
1. Bank Statements
2. Credit Card Bills

Other Documents
1. HMRC Documents
2. Driving License
3. Medical Card
4. Mobile Phone Bills

martyn

Re: SET(M) documents list

Post by martyn » Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 am

You need to show that you are still in your relationship and have been living together for the past two years. Utility bills and things in joint names are not a requirement and you appear to have a good range of official documents in your list above. You also need to show that you can accommodate yourselves adequately so include a copy of your rental agreement and if your partner’s name is not on I would suggest getting a letter from the landlord confirming that he is happy for the both of you to be there. If you are living in the same address that you were when you got your FLR(M) then I can’t see your accommodation being a problem now if it wasn’t then.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

click

Post by click » Thu May 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your reply. It's a relief to hear that. Yes we're still living in the same address and my partner has been living there for over 7 years now. But we will include Tenancy agreement as well.

One more question I passed my Life in the UK Test before 25th march 2013 (I mean the 2nd edition). There's no expiry date on it and I was told it should be valid when I apply for ILR in July. I'm bit confuse if I really should go for latest edition. I really don't want to get any problems in the last minute. Would you please advice me regarding the Life in the UK test.

Thanks

martyn

Post by martyn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am

You only need to pass the test once and not a specific version of it.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors