New edition of Life inthe UK test

Immigration topics relating to unmarried/civil partnerships, same sex marriages, or cross border partnerships in general. If you have already studied the immigration rules page on the uklgig website, but still have unanswered questions, post them here or in the EU/EEA forum below.

Moderators: Ian, mym, briandgb

click

New edition of Life inthe UK test

Post by click » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi,

UKBA has introduced a new life inthe uk test (3rd Edition). All tests on or after 25th march will be from 3rd edition.

I will apply for my ILR in July 2013. If I take life inthe uk test before 25th march (I mean from 2nd edition), would this be acceptable later for my ILR and naturalisation applications. Or do they demand latest tests always.

Thanks

martyn

Re: New edition of Life inthe UK test

Post by martyn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:45 pm

They haven’t demanded the latest version of the test in the past, and passes did not expire. Not heard anything to the contrary about the new test. There is a meeting this weekend and if I’m not there I will see if someone can ask the question.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors

click

Post by click » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks Martyn,

Please do let me know if it is okay to have it now and it would be acceptable later on for ILR and Naturalisation. Thanks

martyn

Post by martyn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:43 pm

If I take life inthe uk test before 25th march (I mean from 2nd edition), would this be acceptable later for my ILR and naturalisation applications.
Probably, but there is no guarantee they won’t require you to have passed the new test. The UKBA hasn’t said anything about it. Best thing to do is keep an eye on their website for any announcements.
Any responses on this forum represent the opinion of the writer only
If you need legal advice, see http://uklgig.org.uk/?page_id=100 for a list of solicitors