The Home Office Pages have not been easy to navigate for a long time – no more so than after the migration to the UK Visas and Immigration section of www.gov.uk in March 2014. We now have Collections (as in – many things together in one place, i.e. Contents), as well as Appendices and Annexes.
The intention here is to list the important pages with their links in one place as a reference. These links can also be found in the relevant parts of the Immigration Rules page on this website.
The Immigration Act 2014 received Royal Assent on 14th May 2014. The Act will change the removals and appeals system, end the abuse of Article 8 and prevent illegal immigrants accessing public services.
CONTENTS – Immigration Rules: Parts 1-14 and Appendices
- Immigration Rules – Index: listing of all paragraphs of the Immigration Rules – See parts 8 and 9
- Immigration Rules Part 8: family members [60 pages]
- Immigration Rules Part 9: general grounds for refusal – including suitability and significant contrivance [13 pages]
- Immigration Rules – Appendices
- Appx 1: UK visa requirements
- Appx B: English Language
- Appx C: maintenance funds
- Appx FM: family members, including consideration under Article 8 [42 pages]
- Appx FM-SE: family members specified evidence [26 pages]
- Chapter 8 – Family members – transitional arrangements These pages are almost incomprehensible but will be relevant to those who made original applications or had leave to remain prior to the changes on 9th July 2012.
- Chapter 8, Appendix FM – Family members – Chapter 8 of the immigration directorate instructions deals with family applications after 9 July 2012, under Immigration Rules, chapter 8, Appendix FM
- Immigration Directorate Instructions – Annexes:
EUROPEAN CONVENTION ON HUMAN RIGHTS, ARTICLE 8 – The right to respect for a private and family life
- Immigration Rules appendix FM: family members – consideration under Article 8 [42 pages]
- Immigration Directorate Instructions (operational guidance): partner and ECHR Article 8 Section FM1.0 [77 pages]
ENTRY CLEARANCE GUIDANCE – Unmarried and same-sex partners SET05 (incl. definition of a relationship akin to marriage)